Next Monday, February 8, is International Septuagint Day. I’ve been trying to think of some good ways to celebrate, and I’m soliciting your suggestions. So far my ideas include:
- Wearing a paper-clip necklace to work comprised of 70 (or 72) paper clips
- Reading only seven eighths of my daily Jeremiah passage
- Randomly adding references to prayer, almsgiving and the Divine Name in Song of Songs and Ecclesiastes
- Switching all my Hebrew books to the bottom shelf and the Greek books to the top shelf
- Back-translating Tobit into Aramaic
- Praying devotionally through Hengel’s The Septuagint As Christian Scripture
Any more ideas?