In the culture department:
- John Oliver: Prison (HBO). Very sobering, but every American should watch (NSFW).
- Gay Marriage Prompts Call for Clergy to Shun Civil Ceremonies.
In the economics department:
- Why Swedish men take so much paternity leave | The Economist. Who the heck pays for this?
- After Period of Skepticism, Lithuanians Warm to the Euro. On the other hand: Lithuania has officially jumped aboard the Titanic that is the euro, and Euro touches a nine-year low against US dollar.
On a more lighthearted note:
- My inner amateur economist loves this story almost as much as my inner-bad-gift-giver: What Can Be Done About the Inefficiencies of Giving Gifts?
- The Economists Who Studied All-You-Can-Eat Buffets.
- Finally: Someone has officially confirmed what I’ve been telling my Pennsylvanian friends for years. The Pizza Belt: the Most Important Pizza Theory You’ll Read – An important study.