The theme this week is the controversy concerning Indiana’s RFRA legislation:
- Indiana needs to balance gay, religious rights.
- In Indiana, Using Religion as a Cover for Bigotry.
- Any liberals for religious freedom?
- The Fact-Free Meltdown Over Indiana’s New Religious Freedom Law.
- Connecticut’s Governor Doesn’t Understand His Own State’s RFRA.
- The War Against Religious Liberty.
I have been consistently impressed with the writing for CBS’s The Good Wife, not just because it’s a tremendous drama, but because it is consistently out in front of very important legal cases as they are still unfolding, and because the show always seems to provide the best arguments for all sides of an issue. The episode that aired two weeks ago managed to present both sides of the RFRA debate, without a clear signal as to which side the writers themselves take: