I realized that it’s been quite a while since I wrote a substantial post on THTW.
There’s been quite a lot going on, but I hope to resume writing semi-regularly (or just regularly, less frequently). Here’s the scoop:
- We moved last weekend from Telford to Hatfield. We knew when we moved to the Telford condo ten months ago that it would be a temporary situation. The condo had quite a few nice things already that our new place in Hatfield doesn’t have, so in addition to the normal stress of moving, we have had to go about acquiring those things for our Hatfield apartment. We are still getting unpacked and settled, but it helped to have off on Monday (holiday in the US).
- Sermons: I preached at Rockville Mennonite Church on May 22, and I’ll be preaching in the morning and evening services at Preakness Valley URC in Wayne, NJ on Father’s Day. I enjoy sermon prep, but it pushes other writing projects aside.
- My grandma has come up from FL to visit family and friends in PA-NJ-NY, and it’s been good to see her.
- Travel: June will be a month “on the road,” with visits to IL, NJ, NY, and CO.
- I’m trying to put together a study proposal for research fellowships. I’ve been thinking quite a lot about the relationship between Israel and Judah, and more specifically about the implications of the recorded memories of cultic sites in the two polities in the Persian period. More on that at some point.
- My book is being published in October; from time to time, the publisher has tasks for me to complete related to editing and marketing.
Politics continues to be a spectator sport for me (as a principled and pragmatic non-voter), so I’ll probably write about the election here and there. And, I have a few ideas percolating/simmering/brewing/ageing in my brain about sex and gender issues in American society, so expect something…soon.
Thanks for reading!